Thursday, July 26, 2007

You Heard it Here First!

Oh, Dmitri . . . how we'll miss you.

Wait, what's that you say? Dmitri might not be leaving? Well, it certainly sucks for Nick Johnson, but it looks like the fan favorite and frequent triples-hitting threat (I think Dan should buy me a steak dinner!) might be sticking around. I for one welcome this as good news. It'd be no fun to open a new stadium if we didn't want to root for any of the players (because we didn't know who they were, of course). Now, if only the pitchers would stick around a little while.

CORRECTION: Nick Johnson will be fine. Apparently, Young will be moving to left field (I should read the whole article before I post things).

2 comments:

dara said...

Young will be moving to LF if (1) Johnson is healthy and (2) he loses at least 20 pounds.

At least the new stadium will have less outfield ground for him to cover.

Jeff said...

Personally I think this is a bad move for the Nats. For a team with as many holes as they have to fill, Young could probably bring back something at least decent if traded. He'd be replaceable enough. Also, I wonder about opening the new stadium around someone with a past like Young's... Imagining Young in left is amusing.