Thursday, July 19, 2007

Poll Results Are In -- Red Sox to Run Away with It!

Prior to the All-Star break, I think I would have agreed with this statement, but I'm not so sure anymore. The Yanks are now 48-44, have won 5 in a row and sit just 7 back in the AL East. They play something like their first 28 games after the All-Star break against teams that are under .500 for the season, and have 6 games with Boston over the last month or so of the season. It pains me to say it, but I think this one ends up closer than the PH4H experts think, with the Yankees edging closer over July and August before battling it out with Boston down the stretch.

MY PREDICTION: A-Rod far surpasses 500 homeruns (won't be too hard for him to get to 500, but can we say 520 by season's end?) this season and wins the MVP when the Yankees overtake Boston in the AL East and head into the playoffs as the hottest team in baseball.

I think I'm going to vomit . . .

1 comment:

Justin S. said...

The Red Sox don't have a particularly tough schedule the rest of the year either, though. They have a whole lot of games against Tampa Bay and Baltimore still to play.