Friday, July 13, 2007

Reason # 62 that I hate Roger Clemens

For starters, let me say that I refuse to bid a fond farewell to a player more than once (see, for instance, Michael Jordan's retirements). Why can't there be more John Elways in the world? Go out on top and then don't make me hear from you again.

No, Roger has to keep coming back for assloads of money that no one has any business in making, and to top it off, he doesn't even deserve it anymore. I don't care about ERA's or strikeouts, but if you're making MORE THAN A MILLION DOLLARS PER GAME, then your teams should fare better than a 12-13 record (10-9 in his starts with Houston last season, and 2-4 with the Yankees this season).

In other news, the Mets have released Julio Franco. At age 48, the man who would never retire (let alone do it more than once) may finally have come to the end of the road.

2 comments:

Justin S. said...

I don't like Roger Clemens either, but I laugh that he's making the Yankees waste money.

dara said...

Ha! I said exactly the same thing to Salem at the Nats-Astros game last night.