Thursday, April 06, 2006

Fun with e-mail

So, this morning, Dan and I had the following e-mail exchange about next Tuesday's Nats home opener. Names have been changed to protect the innocent:

Dara: Don't worry me like that! I think I might commit hari kari if I had to sit next to John Doe for 4 hours.
Dan: hari kari sounds like a South Asian religion. I assume you mean Harry Caray.

Dara: This is what I meant, but for baseball purposes, I am willing to alter the spelling.
Dan: lol. I hadn't heard of that before.
Dara: I have strange knowledge of samurai culture.

9 comments:

Justin S. said...

As a Cardinals fan, I can understand how one would confuse Cubs announcers and ritual suicide.

I said...

I would think that Harry Caray is a more obscure reference than Hari Kari, but than again this blog seems to be mainly about baseball lately so maybe not.

dara said...

Ah, opening day, the time when everyone's thoughts drift to baseball.

DSL said...

Are we supposed to guess? Or was just so you could use the term hari kari?

dara said...

No don't guess. Unless you want to do it via e-mail.

violindan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
violindan said...

Hara-kiri, people. If she had said hara-kiri, I would have looked it up. Tell me hari kari doesn't read like "Harry Caray." P.S. Cubs 5, Cards 1.

dara said...

Hari-kiri is a common spelling.

DSL said...

Evidently this is a phrase we won't be using again.