Sunday, March 12, 2006

More about the PH4H NCAA Tourney pick-em league

I had two suggestions for modifying the PH4H pick-em league.

Jeff suggested that we implement a scoring system that encourages upsets. You will score bonus points if you pick the underdog -- and the underdog wins. The amount of bonus points depends on the difference between seeds. For example, in first round games, if you pick the 9 seed over the 8 seed and the 9 wins, you get whatever the round score is (1st round, 1 pt, etc.), plus 1 bonus point (9-8). If you pick the 16 seed over the 1 seed and the 16 wins, you get the round score and 15 bonus points (16-1). This encourages the picking of upsets. If you pick the favorite, and the favorite wins, you only get the round's score.

Andy suggested that we also play the Women's tournament.

Tell me what you think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the idea to have upset "bonuses". I'm not interested in the Women's tourny. I invited Caroline to the PH4H Blog today. I'm being so computer literate today :)
Steve

dara said...

What about an NIT pick 'em league? That's in the spirit of PH4H?