Thursday, April 05, 2007

My Travel Tale of Woe

Just got back from spending my Passover seders in Chicago. Let's run down a checklist of how my travel went:

  • Nearly bumped from my plane despite having confirmed seats 2 months in advance... check
  • American Airlines lost my luggage and couldn't find it for 2 days... check
  • Stuck in O'Hare Airport for several hours on way home due to flight delays... check
  • Finally arrived in DC too late to take metro or get ride, had to take $$$ cab home... check
  • Arrived home after midnight just to find out my room had flooded for the 3rd time in the past few months and stank of mold, forcing me to sleep on the living room floor... check

On the bright side, the seders were wonderful and the time in Chicago was refreshing (despite not having any luggage for 2 days). And I did convince American to throw in a $50 voucher for my luggage issues.

Happy Passover to all!

2 comments:

Jason said...

You know, I keep this blog in my Mozilla toolbar as an RSS feed, and when I saw this headline, I was sure it was gonna be Dan. I mean, he's the real travelling man of the group, though I guess Jeff has been getting around lately too (thanks for the Nashville visit, Jeff!).

violindan said...

Believe it or not, my only trip in March was a 2-day Shenandoah getaway when Liz was here for spring break. That said, I have 7 trips between April 1 and June 17.