Monday, June 19, 2006

Kudos to a Cardinal

At Camp Rainbow on Friday, Cardinals outfielder John Rodriguez came out to sign autographs. He also willingly painted faces and let two campers paint his face, and he stopped by swim time on the way out.

He ended up with a rainbow on his forehead and "#15" on his cheek, after telling a camper she could paint her favorite ballplayer's number. It was clear his number is 53, but she went ahead and painted Jim Edmonds's number anyway. Rodriguez's agent got a kick out of that.

I asked him if he'd mind painting a red "C" with a blue circle around it on my face, and he said no, that'd be fine. "Really? The Cubs logo?" I asked. "The Cubs!?" he laughed.

I may be a Cubs fan, but I'm not a Cardinals hater (well, at least not full-time), and I'm impressed by Rodriguez.

No comments: