Monday, March 29, 2010

Wesley Willis Goes to School

So a few weeks ago my class was doing some arts and crafts work (yeah, I know, I teach English but sometimes you need to mix it up with the activities.) Anyhow, I thought it would be fun to listen to music at the same time. So for a while I played some of my own music but then I thought it would be interesting to see what my students are always listening to on their ipods. After telling them it must be school-appropriate, one boy plugged in his Ipod and proceeded to play Wesley Willis' "Rock and Roll McDonalds" I was shocked! I let it run, and surprisingly the students liked it. I must say that was one of the weirdest moments of the school year. I thought you guys would like to know that the younger generation also digs Wesley.

No comments: