Monday, June 01, 2009

All PH4H Ballot

Usually, this time of year, at least one of us is sitting at the baseball stadium, filling out an All-Star Ballot with the All-PH4H team. I plan on doing that this Wednesday (while likely watching Randy Johnson get his 300th victory against the team that I usually root for, but am now just hoping that they don't screw up getting the number one draft pick for two years in a row).

So I did a little research. If I were to fill out my PH4H ballot today -- based on a complicated mathematical formula involving general ineptitude, propensity towards committing errors, and presence on the ballot -- my teams would likely be:

American League
C -- D. Navarro
1B -- C. Davis
2B -- J. Lopez
SS- O. Cabrera
3B -- A. Beltre
OF -- D. Murphy, A. Rios, B. Upton

National League
C -- J. Kendall
1B -- J. Cantu (even though I'd like to pick A. Dunn for the sheer awfulness of his infrequent play at 1B)
2B -- D. Uggla
SS -- R. Furcal
3B -- K. Kouzmanoff
OF -- A. Soriano, C. Young, J. Francoeur

5 comments:

Justin S. said...

I'll put together my ballot later, but care to add any pitchers? I know the voters don't pick the all star pitchers, but I think for PH4H we should add it to the ballot.

dara said...

I was just concentrating on the position players, since I'm actually going to fill in a paper ballot at the ballpark.

I'll have to think about the pitchers.

Justin S. said...

My team, based solely on point total in the PH4H league:

AL:

C: Dioner Navarro
1B: Adrian Beltre
2B: Jose Lopez
SS: Orlando Cabrera
3B: Josh Fields
OF: David Ortiz,Alex Rios, Mark Teahan

SPs: Fausto Carmona
Francisco Liriano
Jeremy Guthrie
Tim Wakefield
Trevor Cahill

RP: Jesse Carlson

NL:

C: Jason Kendall
1B: Garrett Atkins
2B: Emilio Bonafacio
3B: Kevin Kouzmanoff
OF: Jordan Schafer, Chris Young, Chase Headley

SPs: Barry Zito
Daniel Cabrera (even if he was let go)
Jamie Moyer
Jeff Suppan
John Lannan

RP: Brad Lidge

Justin S. said...

Oops, need an NL SS:

Emmanuel Burress

dara said...

The problem with using the PH4H stats for your ballot is that you have people listed for positions that they're not playing -- and are not on the ballot for -- this year. Atkins, Beltre & Bonifacio are both playing 3B for their respective teams. Burriss plays 2B. And when was the last time Ortiz played in the outfield? (That's why he's not on the ballot.)