Monday, November 19, 2007

I would just like to point out

No. 3 (or No. 4*) Missouri has a legitimate shot (40 percent chance, according to a Post article this morning) at playing for the national championship. First they have to get by their arch-rival, No. 2 Kansas (where at least they can prove they know the alphabet), Saturday evening in prime time. (Funny: the top link from the MU Alumni Association's site, on sportsmanship. Yeah, thanks for the reminder. I'm sure everyone at the game will keep a copy handy.)

This game is huge. Which is quite a shock for fans who are used to the rivalry being hot only in basketball.

* Some polls, including the BCS standings, put West Virginia ahead of the Tigers. Thus I am suddenly also a huge Connecticut fan; they play West Virginia on Saturday.

2 comments:

Justin S. said...

And to think, they were invited to the Somethingorother.com Bowl just a year or two ago!

Andy said...

I am with you on Connecticut Dan. Partly because I like Missouri, partly because I hate West Virginia (well, the power team in the Big East because there's no competition), and partly because I hate the BCS and I feel like either Kansas or Missouri being in the National Championship would pretty much topple the thing. Of course, I want to see an Ohio State/Missouri or Kansas game because I won't have anything of LSU being in the game either, but that's Georgia's job.