Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Original Empanada

For those who don't know, the original empanada wager was between Tom and me over a Cardinals-Brewers series in May 2005. I won the wager.

I never received this empanada. A few weeks ago, Tom and I decided to go double or nothing on the Wisconsin-Illinois football game. I won. Tom owed me two empanadas.

This week I faced Tom in fantasy football, and we wagered a bowl of pho and iced coffee if I won, and he didn't owe me the two empanadas if I lost.

I lost.

So the original empanada bet has finally reached its conclusion, with me never receiving the empanada.

3 comments:

DSL said...

Time to pay up, Tom.

Don't hate me for saying this, but I've heard it too many times in the past month: it's not between you and I; it's between you and me. :-)

Justin S. said...

Corrected.

violindan said...

(I thought it too, Debby.)