Thursday, May 11, 2006

Idol and other thoughts

Until this year I looked down on American Idol and refused to watch, but this season I have succumbed to peer pressure and decided to watch. Now I’m sorry that I did. I know you can’t trust the public at large to choose the president, but I thought that at least they could pick the best singer/entertainer. This article summarizes my feeling on the subject.

Here are some cool links I came across:

1. Seinfeld Scripts - the scrips from almost every Seinfeld episode
2. The Speach Accent Archives - This a very cool GMU web site where you can hear accents form all over the world.
3. Headlines from around the world - The Newseum is still closed, but there website is still up and running

Actually all these links and many more were complied by some one else on this website akavish.com, but the website is in Hebrew, which most of you can’t read.

3 comments:

dara said...

That's what babelfish is for.

I said...

Unfortunatly doesn't work for Hebrew. Although I'm sure that there is a software out there to tarnslate hebrew to English and vice versa.

dara said...

If not, you could make a lot of money by inventing it.